Saturday, August 9, 2014

Rogue Waves

Rogue Wave n. also known as freak waves, monster waves, killer waves, extreme waves and abnormal waves. They are relatively large, spontaneous and unpredictable ocean surface waves that occur far out at sea and are even a threat to large ships and sea vessels.

I was watching a documentary the other night about a young girl attempting to sail the globe solo. Almost four months out of Mexico she was hit by a rogue wave in the Indian Ocean, her boat was destroyed, and she was forced to activate her emergency rescue beacon. I came home thinking about the termrogue wave and realized that it was the perfect term to describe where I've found myself at times over the years - struck by a freak wave that seemingly comes out of nowhere, left to cling to my boat and send out an emergency beacon hoping someone will find me. Hoping Someone will find me.

When all is said and done, God has always found me. And I am so grateful. He has pursued me with His truth. And although it seems like I've been "found" and "rescued," I was never really lost in the first place. I was safe in the circumstances that He designed for me.

BUT..let's be realistic. The truth is, it doesn't really feel that way at all when we're lost at sea, clinging to the boat (hurt, bruised, hungry and exhausted) and waiting for a rescue that we're not sure will really come. I have been there.

My hope with this blog is that you will be encouraged to KEEP CLINGING. Some days I might share from my personal experiences, other times I might re-post a blog from someone who has inspired me, or maybe just a picture or quote that has somehow made an impact on me.

As a good friend posted in her blog recently, although each of our circumstances are unique, we, who are redeemed by Christ, are anchored by "the same God who hears us and seeks after us. The same Spirit who makes even the the groanings and longings of our hearts intelligible to Him when words fail us and we don't know how to pray anymore."

Hold on, and know that you are anchored!

No comments:

Post a Comment