Saturday, June 28, 2014

More Than Still

I was rooting through some old papers the other day and happened to come across a copy of the poem that I'd partially referenced in my last post.  I'm not a big one for poetry, but sometimes it has a way of saying what I wish I could put into words.  Although it was especially meaningful for me when I first came across it several months ago, it still has a lot of impact on me as I re-read it today.  

In the struggle to be still, we have the ability to be GLAD. God knows our hearts, He knows our anxious thoughts.  He says, "I will bring the blind by a way they did not know; I will lead them in paths they have known.  I will make darkness light before them, and crooked places straight. These things I will do for them, and not forsake them."  Isaiah 42:16 




No comments:

Post a Comment